WHAT IS THE OBJECTIVE OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (EMS) – ISO 14001 ?
- management of the activities, which have impact on environment and are performed by the organizations (environmental aspects);
- correct waste treatment, implemented procedures to the practice by the occurring of environmental accidents;
- fulfillment of the conformity with the legal requirements in the field of environment – not paying of the penalties;
- responsible and serious employer;
- protection of the nature.
TO WHOM IS THE ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (EMS) ISO 14001 DEDICATED TO?
Environmental management system and related norm ISO 14001 is dedicated to all business sectors, mainly to them, which want to show their interest in the impact of their business activities on environment. There is a possibility to apply this norm in all sectors, it means in computer industry, automotive industry, food industry, financial institutions, health services or other services.
The advantages for organizations with certified environmental management system ISO 14001:
- ensuring of the conformity with the relevant legislation in the field of environment;
- determination and reviewing of the customer requirements in environment;
- reduction of the costs caused by accidents and penalties;
- growing up of the competitive ability of the organization on the home as well as foreign market;
- obtaining of the competitive advantage by the public procurement and in various tenders;
- increase of the employees awareness in the field of environment;
- increase of the trustworthiness and image of the organization from the customer point of view, state administration and other partners.