What is the subject of the Anti-Bribery Management System (ABMS) according to the requirements of the ISO 37001 standard??
Elimination and prevention of:
- Bribery in the public, private and non-profit sector;
- Bribery by the organization and bribery of my organization;
- Bribery of the organization’s personnel acting on the organization’s behalf or for its benefit;
- Bribery of the organization’s business associates acting on the organization’s behalf or for its benefit;
- Bribery of the organization’s personnel in relation to the organization’s activities (somebody is bribing my personnel);
- Bribery of the organization’s business associates in relation to the organization’s activities (somebody is bribing my business associates);
- Direct and indirect bribery (e.g. a bribe offered or accepted through or by a third party)
What is the goal of the ABMS:
- To reduce the risk of bribing behavior;
- To improve the reputation of the organization;
- To save expenses;
- To improve work morale and the atmosphere of the organization.
ADVANTAGES FOR ORGANIZATIONS WITH A CERTIFIED ABMS:
- the organization’s management provides a guarantee to investors, personnel, customers and other interested parties that the organization takes appropriate steps to prevent bribery;
- the proof that the organisation has taken adequate steps to prevent bribery in the case of an investigation of the organization.
Some relevant acts:
- Criminal Law Convention on Corruption valid for the Slovak Republic (Notice No. 375/2002 Coll.);
- UN Convention against Corruption (Notice No. 434/2006 Coll.);
- Act no. 307/2014 Coll. on Certain Measures Related to Reporting on Anti-Social Activities;
- Act no. 300/2005 Coll. Criminal Code and Act No. 301/2005 Coll. Criminal Procedure Code;
- Act no. 91/2016 Coll. on criminal liability of legal entities;
- Act no. 315/2016 Coll. on the register of partners for public sector;
- And other.