ISO 50001 – What is the goal?
- To provide organizations from the public and private sector tool
- To promote the improvement of the energy management indicators; for the systematic reduction of the energy consumption;
- To improve energy efficiency through the organizational and technical measures;
- To establish a framework for the problems solving and achieving the objectives in the field of energy use;
- To facilitate communication in the energy resources management;
- To encourage the search for new energy-efficient technologies;
- To help organizations in better usage of their existing energy-consuming assets.
ISO 50001 – How does it work?
It is based on the P-D-C-A cycle, which ensures the continuous improvement of an energy management.
It provides a framework for:
- defining policy to promote energy efficiency
- objectives achieving and energy efficiency increasing
- decision-making related to the energy use and consumption
- determining the baseline and monitoring of energy consumption
- reviewing policies and system efficiency
- continuous improving of the energy management system
It can be integrated with the other management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001).
ISO 50001 – Examples of savings from the practice
The switching program and the lightning regulation above the robots in the warehouses in the large production organizations. Savings = € 30,000
The analysis and prioritization of an energy efficient production lines in engineering production, saving 10% of the power consumption = approx € 40,000
The wrapping of the transom in an older warehouse brought reduction of temperature in the summer months by 4˚ C, replacement of air unit = savings approx € 35,000
All these measures were adopted on the basis of the analysis and measurements during the implementation of ISO 50001.
Services of ASTRAIA Certification in the field of EnMS:
- Accredited certification according to ISO 50001
- Compliance audits and pre-certification audits of EnMS
- Training of implementation teams
- Training of internal auditors
ISO 50001 – Our references
We dispose experts in the energy use and consumption
We have performed audits in accordance with ISO 50001 within following companies:
GGB Slovakia s.r.o.
ALMATY HEATING NETWORK
VOLKSWAGEN SLOVAKIA, a.s.